What is hydration? How to feel better and improve your health easily
Whenever I do health screenings I am always amazed at how many people drink so little water and wonder why they do not feel great.
Your body does not just need water – it is water.
Your body is about 70% water and needs regenerating. It creates waste products and they need to be flushed through. Not hydrating properly would be the equivalent of not flushing your toilet after each use – it will soon become unpleasant!
There are many reasons why hydration is vital for your health and wellbeing. Here is a short video that I have put together for you.
What is Dehydration? – The facts…
– As little as a 1%-2% drop in your body water causes dehydraton.
– A 3% loss of body water causes a 10% drop in strength and an 8% drop in speed.
– Headaches are often caused by dehydration so reach for the water before the headache pills.
– A 4%-5% drop in water can cause up to a 30% drop in work performance.
– Dehydration often manifests as hunger. If you are looking to lose weight just drink a glass of water when you are hungry and only eat if you still feel hungry. The more water you drink the less hunger you will feel.
– Water flushes toxins out of your body.
You can see how hydrated you are by the colour of your urine. The darker it is, the more dehydrated you are.
The list goes on and on. By all means look up dehydration or if you want something to really get you thinking then look up “Your body’s Many Cries for Water” By Dr Batmanghelidj. He studied the effect of water on our body for many years and believes that many medical conditions, especially gastric ulcers, are a direct result of dehydration. Food for thought indeed.
Start loving yourself more by starting your day with a glass of water. I take a glass to my bedroom each night and drink it as soon as I wake up. As I drink it I smile and send love to myself – for this is a gift of better health, better function and a better life. This is the easiest way that I know how to feel better and improve your health easily.
Ps. If you found this useful then please leave your comments and/or share it with your friends and family – it may just help them.